Yoou should look at dmesg. That may give you more verbose information
about what the module is exactly trying to load (syslog would just print
the general error)

Marco

Il giorno mer, 08/02/2006 alle 14.05 +0100, Max Stricker ha scritto:
> >This usually means that the firmware didn't load. Did it load? Did the
> >right LED flash eight or nine times and then stays green?
>
> No, it flashs only 1 time and stays than green
>
> >Are you using hotplug or udev to load the firmware?
>
> hotplug, and its started correctly:
>
> usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
> usb 2-1: reset full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
> speedtch 2-1:1.0: no stage 1 firmware found!
> usb 2-1: USB disconnect, address 2
>
> >What kernel version are you using?
> 2.6.15
>
> Above dmesg says that speedtch can't find the stage 1 firmware, but
> ls /lib/firmware/ returns
> speedtch-1.bin  speedtch-2.bin
>
> And before my last reboot the modem worked correctly...
> Thanks for your help!
> Any other ideas?
>
> Greets from Italy
>  Max
>

> >>Hi,
> >>here i am again...
> >>unfortunately i'm not longer able to connect to the internet after
> >>updating my system using a "emerge -uD world"
> >>Here are some outputs:
> >>

> >>connect(8.35): No such device
> >>

> >Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
> >Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >

> Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
> Pour se dsinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Sponsor:
 Acquista ora Email.it Phone Card e comincia a risparmiare sulle tue
telefonate! Clicca e scopri l'offerta
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2684&d=8-2