Hi Nick,

I missed that draft, but I like it :)

Back to our discussion I am not sure how definition of IPv6 Interface
Identifiers came to the context of this thread. To the best of my
understanding no one claims that SRv6 must be contained to IPv6 IIDs.

RFC8986 section 3.2 uses an example of /64 IIDs, but this is only
illustration with explicit wording "a network operator may:" which in no
way should be read as any type of mandatory rule.

Back to my example of few /10 sites interconnected over Internet - how any
transit router is ever going to detect what am I doing with bits 11-128 in
my sites ? Yes I do accept some special use address formats and I perfectly
fine to make sure I will avoid using them.

Many thx,
Robert.