PLD (variable speed) pumps work well for limiting pressure. I think they
can be pricey on an electric pump but a PLD diesel is pretty reasonable
and they work.

Ron Fletcher
Aero Automatic Sprinkler
Phoenix, AZ

 -----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Todd
Williams - work
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 7:22 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: pump tricks

I seem to be running into several situations lately where there is a
very fine balancing act between meeting the 100 psi at the top outlet of
the standpipe and not exceeding 175 psi at the base of the riser. 
(6 story hotels are a good example) Does anybody have any good ideas
they'd care to share on making these work? I'd like to limit the use of
extra-heavy pipe and fitting (especially larger sizes) and PRVs. I have
several tricks up my sleeve, but I'm running out of sleeves.

Todd

Todd G. Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
Stonington, Connecticut
860-535-2080
www.fpdc.com 

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

Reply via email to