There's been buildings burn down waiting for a water tap, I recall, and I believe Joe B lost one but much earlier on in construction.
It was a nice piece to forward to a CM that we sent a request last week to activate 90% of a nursing home retrofit, while waiting a few months for the last phase. Hopefully they'll pursue the electrician with renewed vigor now, I pointed out the difference between under construction and theirs, which is full of elderly. It bothers the heck out of me when GCs/CMs/Owners leave a hotel system off, for example, when its all complete and FULLY FUNCTIONAL and there are alarms, but when they're moving furniture in and can't afford anything go wrong- thinking a mover banging a head is more a concern than a total loss of the building. I've cut and pasted this article to a word .doc for future inclusion in an email response to such requests verifying their (often verbal) request to leave an operational system off in the future. Maybe some will change their minds, and some good will come of this loss. I wonder if the FDC could have been employed to discharge water out of the (80 or 100+?) open heads and make it a little more tenable for the firefighters. Glad they all got out in time, and we didn't have a repeat. George Church Rowe Sprinkler -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 10:27 AM To: [email protected] Subject: RE: What does not fully functional mean? Yeah, no argument here. Obviously something was lacking in this instance. Plus there's always that "media interpretation" factor we have to consider. Craig L. Prahl, CET _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
