I agree, but this is the only reference I see in 13 that they might be addressing this with.
Bobby Gillett Project Manager [EMAIL PROTECTED] (731)-424-0130 -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bill Minkel Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 1:55 PM To: [email protected] Subject: RE: air compressor piping That's for large drop sprinkler systems. -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bobby Gillett Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 2:37 PM To: [email protected] Subject: RE: air compressor piping Although I've been known to be wrong before, I believe he is referencing NFPA-13 8.4.7.2. If he is, he needs to look at the wording a little closer "Where steel pipe is used ..." And I surely don't feel the intent is for the air supply, but for the system piping. Per 7.2.6 in 13 it has to be ½" or larger and capable of restoring normal air pressure to the system within 30 min. I don't see any requirements in 13 for pipe type of this supply. Bobby Gillett Project Manager [EMAIL PROTECTED] (731)-424-0130 -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Greg McGahan Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 12:57 PM To: [email protected] Subject: air compressor piping Does anyone know of there are any obscure requirements in NFPA 13 or the UFC that requires the piping between the air compressor and the dry valve to be Galvanized steel pipe? We intend to use copper but have a govt inspector telling us it has to be steel. Thanks, Greg Living Water Fire Protection, LLC 1160 McKenzie Road Cantonment, FL 32533 850-937-1850 Fax: 850-937-1852 _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field) _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field) _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field) _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
