Stirring the soup- guilty as charged ;)
And I wouldn't use a design firm without liability insurance, I already own
a house.

glc

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Cliff
Whitfield
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 11:16 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Hydraulic Calculations

George,

Many mom & pops and many large successful companies realize the value of a
good freelance designer.  When you consider that you don't have to pay
payroll taxes, benefits (health insurance, vacations, company cars, etc)
overtime, etc. when you use a design subcontractor and you can know upfront
what your costs for design will be, many companies prefer that.  If you use
a design firm that carries Professional Liability insurance then you have an
added feature.  A good "expensive" freelancer will make you money the
majority of the time.

Besides, you of all people realize this, so I think you were just fishing
for a rise from one of us freelance guys:)

Cliff Whitfield, SET
 
Fire Design, Inc.
3784 Holly Ridge Trail
Marianna, FL 32448
 
Phone: 850-526-1886
Fax:   850-526-1884
Cell:   850-557-1886
 
www.fire-design.com
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of George Church
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 10:44 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Hydraulic Calculations

I'm sure there are still some mom and pops that would be installing PS vrs
calc if they had the option. You know how expensive those freelancers
are....

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Roland
Huggins
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 11:23 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Hydraulic Calculations

Just to ensure we clarify "for all intents and purpose"  I assume you  
mean the 50 psi caveat for systems greater than 5,000 sf kills the use  
of pipe schedule?  I ask since many inaccurately believe that PS is  
not ALLOWED beyond 5,000 SF.

Roland

On Aug 26, 2009, at 7:05 PM, Cliff Whitfield wrote:

> I don't think they were 'required' until sometime (I think '96) when  
> they
> took the pipe schedule option out of the standard (for all intents and
> purposes).  Until then, calcs were allowed but not required since  
> the pipe
> schedule system was still an option.  .
>
>
>
> Cliff
>

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

Reply via email to