NFPA 20 still requires a relief valve for diesel drivers IF the run- 
away (applied as a percentage of churn) causes excessive pressure.

Roland

On Apr 6, 2010, at 2:52 PM, Tom Duross wrote:

> I can really see that coming when you sit down and think about the  
> water you
> use and waste.  1 bldg. for instance: Just the 19 flrs above and 6  
> below we
> probably use 12K gal per quarter.  Then the pump test and I'm frugal  
> and
> fast but you still end up using 6K.  In 3 years when every pr hose  
> valve has
> to be done, holy moly.  They have grey water; roof drains are used for
> toilets.  I asked, and posted here, but more science will have to be  
> done to
> treat the yuck in the water for reuse.  I don't really see the wfs
> recirculators being used too much around here but they're definitely  
> a help.
>
> Looked at a pump yesterday with a relief dripping into the parking  
> lot.
> It's from the time when they put them in to guard against  
> overspeed.  The
> pump churned 165 so they really didn't need it but I suggested they  
> have the
> controller rep come in and see about installing an overspeed alarm.   
> The
> easy was to just remove it but not really.  I was surprised actually  
> because
> the installing company were famous for piping them to suction but  
> they must
> have had an engineer who looked at the shops and went to the site.
> Tom

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to