He is working from 2002.

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Leyton [mailto:st...@protectiondesign.com]
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 12:47 PM
To: sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org <sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org>
Subject: RE: Sprinkler head Temperature requirement

Snake oil sales talk at its finest.  I believe that part of the
reasoning behind section 8.3.23 (new to the 2010 ed., BTW) was for
applications such as this.   I agree with you that replacement of the
sprinklers is not required.  Is the AHJ working from the 2010 edition or
an earlier one - could that be the issue?

Steve