So call the AHJ and ask for the basis of design.

SL

-----Original Message-----
From: Sprinklerforum
[mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On Behalf Of
firs...@aol.com
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2015 10:44 AM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: Re: Monitoring 13D control valves in California

It appears that both the AHJ and contractor  have made mistakes on this
project. I am interested in finding out what exactly happened. We should
all play by the same rules. Im trying to figure out what is correct here
according to standard, CFC & CBC. Like I said, it looks like a 13R but
now they're saying its a 13D without DCVA monitoring.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 5, 2015, at 9:48 AM, Steve Leyton <st...@protectiondesign.com>
wrote:

> Are you doing a 3rd party inspection or some sort of risk
management/loss prevention analysis?  Why not just call the AHJ or
installing contractor and ask for approved basis of design?

> SL

therefore you can't allow something less? This particular system looks
like a 13R but they failed to provide electrical for tamper switches. So
now they argue it is a 13D serving a building with 5 townhouse's
separated by 1 hour construction. My thinking is since it is 5 units,
not one or two family dwelling, the exception for electrical monitoring
does not apply. Therefore tampers are required. Am I correct?