I have yet to get any pump test information, but I assume it has been
tested properly.
Thanks for the confirmation of the reducers. I was pretty certain that
you couldn't use a concentric back in the day, but I didn't have the
standard to verify it.
What's funny is the pump is 8x6. They ran a 6" underground and piping
up to the suction of the pump, then had to put an 8x6 flanged
"increaser" to match up with the pump. You would think that some one
would have had the idea back then that this didn't seem quite right.
Travis Mack, SET
MFP Design, LLC
2508 E Lodgepole Drive
Gilbert, AZ 85298
480-505-9271
fax: 866-430-6107
email:[email protected]
http://www.mfpdesign.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MFP-Design-LLC/92218417692
Send large files to us via: https://www.hightail.com/u/MFPDesign
On 2/11/2016 3:12 PM, Scott Futrell wrote:
I thought Brad would have the suction size answer!
Suction size has been for some time based upon the pressure remaining above 0 psi
when flowing at 150 percent of the rated capacity. So, 6" might be possible,
but you'd have to verify the supply.
Agree completely, no concentric on suction side.
Scott
Office: (763) 425-1001 x 2
Cell: (612) 759-5556
-----Original Message-----
From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:[email protected]] On
Behalf Of Brad Casterline
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2016 4:08 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: NFPA 20 around 1988
No to concentric on suction side---
Requires ECCENTRIC, top flat.
(if this is vertical in-line, different ballgame) On Feb 11, 2016 3:58 PM, "Travis Mack,
SET" <[email protected]> wrote:
Was it ever permitted for a 1000 GPM pump to be supplied by 6" piping?
Also, was it ever permitted to put a CONCENTRIC 8x6 reducer on the
suction flange of a pump.
We have an existing project where the owner was hoping to remove the
pump and to supply from city water. I informed them that the water
pressures on site were not compatible. They also have a pump that has
been requiring a lot of maintenance. As I looked at the as-built
plans (yeah, miraculously they had them for a building built in 1988),
it shows a 6" supply for the
1000 gpm pump and the concentric reducer on the suction flange of the pump.
In the most recent editions of NFPA 20, a 1000 gpm pump needs an 8"
suction line.
--
Travis Mack, SET
MFP Design, LLC
2508 E Lodgepole Drive
Gilbert, AZ 85298
480-505-9271
fax: 866-430-6107
email:[email protected]
http://www.mfpdesign.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MFP-Design-LLC/92218417692
Send large files to us via: https://www.hightail.com/u/MFPDesign
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkl
er.org
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org