I have a customer that is asking if batt insulation can be secured to the roof decking and used as a draft curtain for the Tyco CC sprinklers. I have never seen an application such as this, but it doesn't seem to be prohibited in the datasheet. The only requirement is that it must be constructed of a material so that heat can not pass through or over.

What do you think? Could insulation secured to the roof/floor deck serve as a draft curtain for these sprinklers? My gut feeling is that it would not be suitable, but I can't find something in the data sheet to support that. My only thought is that activation of a sprinkler could possibly knock the insulation down.

--
Travis Mack, SET
MFP Design, LLC
2508 E Lodgepole Drive
Gilbert, AZ 85298
480-505-9271
fax: 866-430-6107
email:[email protected]

http://www.mfpdesign.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MFP-Design-LLC/92218417692
Send large files to us via: https://www.hightail.com/u/MFPDesign

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to