On Jan 7, 2008, at 7:02 PM, Mike Orr wrote:

> On Jan 7, 2008 12:20 PM, Michael Bayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>> This is a bugfix release and is recommended for all users who are
>> currently on 0.4.2 or 0.4.2a.
>
> You really should bump the version number after a version has been
> released.  'a' and 'b' look like alpha and beta.
>
> I installed 0.4.2 this morning, and afterward "easy_install -U
> SQLAlchemy" says I already have the latest version.  I had to install
> it specifically:  "easy_install SQLAlchemy==0.4.2b".

that sort of sucks, i thought easy install could recognize lettered
revsions.  I cant see myself calling these 0.4.3 and 0.4.4 since a
point release at that level for us usually means a lot more changes
and time spent in SVN.  i usually use "alpha" and "beta" to indicate
such ive never thought of "a" and "b" that way.

of course if we moved to whole numbers, that could help.