Mike You just need pick letter that are after release. Thing like p1 is greater
then release

from the egg docs.
(A note about versions: the egg runtime system understands typical version
numbering schemes, so it knows that versions like "1.2a1" and "1.2rc5" are
actually older than the plain version "1.2", but it also knows that versions
like "1.2p1" or "1.2-1" are
newer than "1.2".)

Following a release number, you can have either a pre-release or post-release
tag. Pre-release tags make a version be considered older than the version they
are appended to. So, revision 2.4 is newer than revision 2.4c1, which in turn
is newer than 2.4b1
or 2.4a1. Postrelease tags make a version be considered newer than the version
they are appended to. So, revisions like 2.4-1 and 2.4pl3 are newer than 2.4,
but are older than 2.4.1 (which has a higher release number).

A pre-release tag is a series of letters that are alphabetically before
"final". Some examples of prerelease tags would include alpha, beta, a, c, dev,
and so on. You do not have to place a dot before the prerelease tag if it's
immediately after a number,
but it's okay to do so if you prefer. Thus, 2.4c1 and 2.4.c1 both represent
release candidate 1 of version 2.4, and are treated as identical by setuptools.

Hope this helps.