On Jun 13, 2008, at 3:58 AM, Egil Möller wrote:

> I and a coworker are currently working on a patch-set to the oracle
> driver for SA for this very reason, fixing issues like:
>
> * broken mangling of forbidden/to long table/column names

really ?  we have a lot of tests which pass fine for that, including
when aliases are created, etc.  In compiler.py, all names go through
the same "length" filter no matter how they got generated (the only
exception to this is the "too long index names" ticket which is
strictly a schema thing).   We have a "long labels" test specifically
for this, and lots of ORM tests generate very long names as well (all
of which work fine with Oracle).  We did a tremendous amount of
development on this a few years back and noone has had issues since.

can you post a ticket with an example ?    Also if producing fixes,
keep in mind theres some compiler differences between 0.4 and 0.5, 0.5
is the direction we're heading....

> * missing support for the BOOL data type

there may or may not be a ticket for this (please post one if not)

> * missing support for boolean expressions in the column list (
> select([tbl.c.col1 == tbl.c.col2]) ) (related to the last one above)

ditto