Thank you for your replies (both yours and Jalil's).  I understand that
SQLite is not universally applicable.  Let me give you some background
to better explain my request.

We currently have a product (which we inherited the responsibility from
another company).  This product was originally written to use SQLite.
We have expanded the this product (continuing to use SQLite).

Now our organization is partnered with another company which has a
related product which uses SQL Server 7.  This new partner is pushing my
management to convert our product over to use SQL Server 7 instead of
SQLite.  The intent is that we can use a single database format at some
point in the future.

I can see no earthy reason to move in that direction.  If a single
database is needed, I would like to see it be SQLite.  I am convinced
that SQLite could fill both companies our needs.

I am sorry I can not disclose more about the products in question.  What
I am looking for are some talking points which can convince my own
management to push back against converting all our good work into SQL
Server 7.  I am trying to overcome the attitude of:

"If SQLite is as good as you say, then why is it free?"

and

"If anyone can see the source code, then won't we be venerable to
hackers?"

etc.

Thanks again.

Shawn M. Downey