Hello all,

https://www.sqlite.org/whentouse.html :
"The amount of web traffic that SQLite can handle depends on how heavily
the website uses its database. Generally speaking, any site that gets
fewer than 100K hits/day should work fine with SQLite. The 100K hits/day
figure is a conservative estimate, not a hard upper bound. SQLite has
been demonstrated to work with 10 times that amount of traffic.

The SQLite website (https://www.sqlite.org/) uses SQLite itself, of
course, and as of this writing (2015) it handles about 400K to 500K HTTP
requests per day, about 15-20% of which are dynamic pages touching the
database. Each dynamic page does roughly 200 SQL statements. This setup
runs on a single VM that shares a physical server with 23 others and yet
still keeps the load average of below 0.1 most of the time."

------

it would be interesting to put *all* sqlite.org pages in the database,
even if it is useless. This would test with 500K HTTP requests per day.
It will then be possible to modify this paragraph and indicate that
Sqlite smoothly manages the 500K HTTP requests per day of this website,
thus about 100 000K SQL statements per day.

And why not test with writing on each visit, and even every page visit?
If Sqlite accept the charge, it would be impressive. it would also
demonstrate the interest of WAL mode.

With the evolution of Sqlite and materials evolution (SSD,
microprocessors ...), it might be possible.

Olivier