But the great thing about SQLite is you don't have to go logical form in
light weight apps.

http://search.cpan.org/dist/ORLite/lib/ORLite.pm

ORLite does a half-and-half approach that generates the easy parts of the
SQL with very little code, but avoids the code weight needed to generate
all of it.

my @users = DB::User->select( 'where name = ? order by name', $name );

It's great to have the flexibility to go all logical form, partly, or none,
as best suits the nature of the database you are embedding in your larger
application.

Adam