StevePalmer wrote:
> Huawei Mate 9 on Nougat. Using Yamaha MusicCast App that allows my mp3s
> to play through my hifi amp. Twonky works flawlessly, but I only
> switched to that because LMS didn't always appear in the App ad a
> 'source'. Hence my original question [emoji5]
>
> Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

I thought that might be the case.

I would still switch off uPNP on LMS and instead use something else to
stream your music to your Yamaha amp. The uPnP thing on LMS isn't
great.

You will probably say that Twonky doesn't expose the music in quite the
same way making it difficult to control what you are playing and I'd
agree. This is a problem in the uPnP/DLNA protocols generally. There
isn't really any standard. Things can be DLNA Certified, DLNA Compatible
or DLNA Ready - they aren't all the same. The menus produced to your
phone by the server are different depending upon whether it is LMS,
Twonky or some other DLNA server.

Phillipe 44's uPnPBridge LMS plugin could an the answer but is it
difficult to get working properly (because of the non standard). It
converts your Yamaha amp to be a quasi SB player which you can control
like any other SB player but whether it is 100% compatible with your amp
is another question. I have a DLNA certified Onkyo amp but I never use
that part of it. Instead I use a Raspberry Pi SB player plugged in to
its AUX (or digital) port.

The whole thing is complicated by the fact that you are running LMS &
Twonky on Windows and therefore subject to Windows updates breaking
things at will (plus you need to leave it switched on all the time)

If you are serious about digital music - I am sure you are - then I
would suggest that you really should look at moving LMS (and Twonky) off
your Windows PC and on to something better / more stable and also
consider a different way of playing through your Yamaha. A Google
Chromecast Audio (£20) plugged in to the Yamaha and Phillipe's brilliant
Castbridge plugin would be a cheap option that is easy to set up and
works (I don't know if the plugin runs on Windows though).

*Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS*
iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
*Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
*Office* - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN
755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom *Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones