This is a great read - thanks! Very helpful. It's all been a very steep
learning curve for me in recent months. I spent a fortune on the AMP,
only to find that none of my LMS playlists showed on the AMP. All other
metadata worked a treat via LMS. Given that we already had a gazillion
squeezebox radios already working perfectly, I really didn't want to
install ANOTHER server on the PC, but Twonky was the only one that
'picked up' my playlists.

The helpful chaps at Richer and on the Yammy Help Desk all confirmed
exactly your point about a lack of standards - and I suddenly realised
that a 'simple' system that fed all the radios AND the HiFi (including
showing all my playlists) was a bit of a pipe dream! ☺

I've learned so much in the past few months! I still consider LMS to be
the system-of-choice, but it doesn't play nicely with the Amp so I've
had to compromise.

The Twonky Help Forum has been hopeless, so it's lucky I've only had one
query since I installed it. [emoji5]

Your point about using something like Google is probably the logical
step forward... But then there's the 'challenge' of re-educating the
family! It's taken me three months to get the wife confident in using
her Tablet with MusicCast! ☺

I *realky* appreciate your words that have helped put my music world
into context.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

Steve
Kettering, UK