Yes that is the trouble, the busybox version is very old.
Curios what QTS version is on youre QNap?

The thing is busybox is part of QTS, but now we found the trouble know a
way to work around it.

As you see sending me the QLogitechMediaServer.log.err is important.
The same for QLogotechMediaServer.log

QLMS makes both on error, and tries to collected the error for
investigation.

Fix will come up soon in release 05.25.01

mnd wrote:
> The NAS model is TS-231P
>
> $ which mktemp
> /bin/mktemp
> $ /bin/echo $(/bin/mktemp -q)
> BusyBox v1.01 (2021.11.18-18:57+0000) multi-call binary
>
> Usage: mktemp [-dq] TEMPLATE
>
> Creates a temporary file with its name based on TEMPLATE.
> TEMPLATE is any name with six `Xs' (i.e., /tmp/temp.XXXXXX).

> -d              Make a directory instead of a file
> -q              Fail silently if an error occurs
>

> $ /bin/mktemp -h
> /bin/mktemp: invalid option -- 'h'
> BusyBox v1.01 (2021.11.18-18:57+0000) multi-call binary
>
> Usage: mktemp [-dq] TEMPLATE
>
> Creates a temporary file with its name based on TEMPLATE.
> TEMPLATE is any name with six `Xs' (i.e., /tmp/temp.XXXXXX).

> -d              Make a directory instead of a file
> -q              Fail silently if an error occurs
>

> could the problem be the busybox version 1.01?

*
maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 8.0.0 Nightly  ( with spotty,
youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from
different sources.

'Thanks for the DONATIONS' (https://paypal.me/digimaster)*