urknall wrote:
> I have also observed something similar lately and am wondering if this
> is somehow related:
>
> under favorites i have created a folder for my top radio stations, when
> i select for example a radio station which i marked as favorite in that
> folder from the radio now playing plugin (in this special case: RPR1.
> 80er Rock (aac)) and hit on play artwork is displayed. When i click
> pause that stream and later start the stream again by clicking on play
> again (without going the way over favorites again) the artwork is not
> updated any more. As soon as i restart the stream again from folder
> under favorites, the artwork is updated again.

It's another manifestation of similar behaviour but maybe not as such
"related" . Many ways for this to happen.
Probably if the stream is paused for longer than about 30 secs - often
the source station will close the TCP connection.  If metadata is being
provided by a plugin, then stream "stop" or "close" is signalled to the
"active" plugin to stop all related activity and discard context.  So
all that is left is the URL that was being played (i.e. the pure URL
after all the processing, redirection and drilling down through
playlists).

Similar issue can be seen -  playing a stream from favorites.  While
playing a favorite  go into player context menu and use save Favorite
menu.  The saved URL will be the "final" URL and not the save as the
originating "favorite".  If you play it, it is unlikely you'll get
metadata or even station logo and title (although what is saved can
depend on which type of player you are using) .