Am 28.02.2009 um 17:44 schrieb Mickael Remond:

End user do not seems to understand privacy lists, and most of all they
need to make the effort of building them. They need to have build the
privacy list before being able to do what I described.
This suppose planning that seems to go beyond what most users are wanting
to do, as opposed to "Oups, I absolutely need to talk to our sysadmin
let's have a quick chat", which is very common and I guess users would
love being able to do.

I agree that we need an alternative for privacy lists - but this is definitely not partial roster retrival‼

This sounds like a client side feature to me:
- Client should only display part of the roster you want to see (for
example one groups).
- Client should use the cached version of the roster on the
client to avoid downloading it.

I would still need to get the whole roster to get updates - not a good idea IMO. Why would I download stuff I'm not interested in? That's just wasting traffic and CPU power :).

--
Jonathan