Fabio Forno wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Jonathan Schleifer
> <js-xmpp-standa...@webkeks.org> wrote:
>
>> I agree that we need an alternative for privacy lists - but this is
>> definitely not partial roster retrival‼
>
> And what about partial activation? With partial activation you still
> manager the roster as usual, and in a separate iq you set on/off
> toggles for each group, at any time of the session.

What is the definition of "activation"? Does that mean I receive
presence only from the groups I have activated, or that outbound
presence notifications are also filtered?

Naturally, one way that people handle this kind of thing is simply to
have multiple accounts. I know I do that. :) We humans are quite
flexible regarding social solutions rather than technical solutions, and
having multiple accounts is a way to work around the fact that it's not
currently easy to do fancy views and activations regarding the roster.
Perhaps we need to take some signals from how real people behave?

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/