On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 11:11 PM, XMPP Extensions Editor <edi...@xmpp.org>wrote:

> Version 0.5 of XEP-0301 (In-Band Real Time Text) has been released.
> Abstract: This is a specification for real-time text transmitted in-band
> over an XMPP session.
> Changelog: Minor corrections and clarifications. (MDR)
> Diff: http://xmpp.org/extensions/diff/api/xep/0301/diff/0.4/vs/0.5

Oh wow, just as a click "Send", this pops up in my Inbox.

This 0.5 spec incorporates the vast majority of Gunnar's suggestions.
0.5 diff is about 10 times less cluttered than diff 0.3->04
0.5 diff is about 100 times less cluttered than diff 0.2->0.3
So, I feel it is "getting there" to maturity.

Even so, the spec is largely backward compatible all the way back to 0.0.2,
despite some protocol changes since.  (I know it didn't need to stay
compatible during Experimental, but it happens most changes apparently
didn't affect compatibility.  I hope this is an indication of a protocol
that is mature enough to not even need any dramatic changes.)

I'd like comments from key people (Peter, Kevin, Matt, etc), to review the
whole specification, as well as review my reply to Gunnar.   Is it ready
for LAST CALL?

Thanks,
Mark Rejhon