That argument only holds as long as you're on a pre-servlet 2.3 container. 2.3 and up support filters so the tags become obsolete. I think the tags should be deprecated soon and removed in whatever release we set out minimum servlet version to 2.3 in.

David

From: Jeff Robertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 'Struts Developers List' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: <logic:forward> and <logic:redirect>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 13:59:34 -0500

In real life usually *do* code the redirects by hand. Reading this
discussion was the first time I'd actually thought of using them for that.

However, using the actions has one advantage. Compare:

<logic:forward name="welcome" />

<jsp:forward page="/welcome.do" />

These are mostly equivalent, except that the second explicitly contains the
controller's extension mapping. This is information that we would like to
encapsulate if possible. The first version does that nicely.

I admit that this is a minor nit to pick..