Thanks for the link.  I'll respond to that message here:

> I'm also throwing an exception if the "success" ActionForward is not
found to make the configuration problem very clear.

ForwardAction also throws an exception if the path is not found.

> ForwardAction and using 'forward= ' on the ActionMapping both require a
> context relative path.

That's not accurate, <forward> and <action forward=""> both default to
module relative paths.  <forward contextRelative="true"> changes the
default.  ForwardAction itself always returns a context relative
ActionForward but I'd rather see that changed than add a new class.

> In addition, tools vendors may be better able to validate a regular
> ActionFoward configuration than the ForwardAction where the path is
> specified via the all-purpose 'parameter'. In order to validate the path
as
> a parameter, you require knowledge of the Action class whereas the path
of
> an ActionForward definition can be more easily validated. (I'm basing
this
> on my experience with WebSphere Studio).

There are many ways of defining forwards:
<action path="/input.do" forward="/jsp/input.jsp"/>

<forward name="foo" path="/jsp/input.jsp"/>

<action type="o.a.s.actions.ForwardAction" path="/input.do"
parameter="/jsp/input.jsp"/>

Some of these allow better path validation than others but I don't see why
we need yet another Action class when we could just improve upon the
existing options.

David