At 18:18 -0700 8/8/03, Steve Raeburn wrote:
I don't think that you could rely on the ActionForwards being returned in
the same order each time, so forwarding to the first one found would not be
guaranteed to work.

I thought the whole point was that there would be only one forward and the action would always forward to that forward? In that case, you could count on using the first one.

If order was deemed meaningful, it would be easy enough to use the SequencedHashMap from Commons Collections.

Any forward without a name, would be stored under a default key (defined in
Globals). You could use null here, but I think it would be better to use an
actual value.

You'd probably need to add a method such as getDefaultForward() to retrieve
it.

This part seems to be adding complexity to something which was meant to be very simple.

To be fair, I'm just kibitzing; I dropped off this thread a while back and don't have very strong feelings either way.

Joe

Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "If nature worked that way, the universe would crash all the time." --Jaron Lanier