You're right <action forward=""> is module relative (despite what it says in
the Javadoc). However, I don't see how it can used with a context relative
path.

There is no contextRelative attribute on the action config so you don't get
to choose (or change) how your forward works.

Of the three ways of defining forwards that you identified only one,
<forward>, works flexibly with modules and that's the one that we don't ship
an action for with Struts.

SuccessAction works flexibly with modules, it's tool friendly, it's simple
to understand and its configuration is consistent with almost all other
actions.

Steve

arta.apach