--- Steve Raeburn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I haven't suggested another way of specifying a forward. Just providing
> an
> action that uses the existing, most common way of doing so.
>
> I wouldn't want to add contextRelative attribute to <action> because:
>  - it doesn't relate to the ActionMapping, but to the ActionForward
>  - having the same attribute specified in two places would cause
> confusion
>
> Although, SuccessAction is a trivial action, it does fill a gap that is
> not
> fully met by either <action forward=""> or ForwardAction. How would
> adding
> it be bad for Struts?

One thing that really bothers me about this action is that it forces the
user to use "success" as the forward name.  This isn't appropriate in
every use case and Struts shouldn't dictate this type of thing.  What
about specifying the forward name in the "parameter" attribute?  Maybe
even say that "success" is the default name if parameter isn't provided?
That gives you an action that just forwards to some ActionForward without
demanding that the forward be named "success".  This would also require a
rename of SuccessAction to something more suitable (maybe
ForwardingAction?).

David