At 12:48 -0700 8/12/03, David Graham wrote:
The main goal of an ActionContext being passed to Action.execute() methods
would be to separate Actions from the Servlet API so that you could write
Actions to respond to Porlets.  It would also serve to stabalize the
execute() method's interface and allow you to pass in more than the
current 4 or 5 parameters.

It seems that another gain of an ActionContext interface would be simplifying the steps in RequestProcessor towards an ability to chain arbitrary processors. However, would we need to do anything to compensate for losing some of the clarity of definitive signatures?

My hunch is that you deal with that in the documentation, and leave it up to the user to chain things in a sane order, but maybe that's too risky?

Joe

Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "If nature worked that way, the universe would crash all the time." --Jaron Lanier