Kwok Peng Tuck ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> It seems from your email that you are experiencing a lot of swapping ,
> an indication that you are running low on memory. Of course more Mhz
> doesn't hurt :) .
> I'm currently using a PIV in the office with about 392 MB of memory and
> tomcat application reloads and jsp reloads are no where near the time
> you state. Just under a few seconds for a jsp page which has changed.  I
> don't see much swapping unless I use other stuff like netbeans, sapdb
> and the like. Even then the recompile is pretty fast.  Hope it helps.

Yeah, plus I am hitting the page from localhost with mozilla, which
isn't exactly generous with resources.  Obviously I man can't
develop if his computer eats up the RAM like mine does.  Now I can
prove to my boss that we aren't getting crap out the door without a
new processor for development.  Aye, yay, yay.

Dan

Daniel Allen, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.mojavelinux.com/