I'm using a 2GHz with 512MB RAM (Win2K) and I can
undeploy/clean/compile/deploy (using Ant) my entire project in just under 30
seconds.  The project has about 250 .java files and generates a bunch more
using XDoclet.  A pretty resource intensive build.  The biggest difference
I'd say is the CPU.  I have a 1.5 GHz at home with 1GB of RAM and this one
is *much* faster.

Then again, I have a 1.5 GHz, 768MB RAM Red Hat machine that can do all of
the above in about 1/4 the time.  Linux is *a lot* faster than Windows for
compiling/running Java.

HTH,

Matt