Hi All,

Good point of Fer de Vries.

I have the following suggestions:

- build a spider-sundial. You will have nice circles for the dates. The
place you can stand as a human shadowcasting person can be on the path.  If
you place the majority of the hourlines and no horizon lines, the pattern is
not visually related to the north. The marks for the date-circle can by on
the path on the sunny southside . In this way I think the path can feel like
the central axis of the dail. There is only 1 point where you can stand is a
human gnomon. That is a small concession I think.

- an other solution I thought of is one analemma on the path and 1 standing
fixed gnomon beside the path. I we seek a bit I think that there is an
analemma which is aligned with the path for 1 hour. Although you don't have
a human shadow casting person, and there is only 1 hour marked, I think it
will be nice and gives someone the feeling that the sun guides the path.

Kind regards,

Hendrik Hollander

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.analemma.biz