Hi All,

very interesting issue, so after all:
with a verticle mirror with the right azimut you could turn the famous
analemmatic sundial so the the line with the dates is on a path which is not
north-south! and the ellips will be alligned with this path

looks to me that the issue can be solved after all.

One has to investigate if the dimensions of the mirror are realistic and you
will need 2 mirrors (or 2 sundials) to cover the whole 24 hours .

If the azimut of the path is alpha, the mirror should be at alpha/2,

kind regards,
Hendrik

Analemma Sundials
H J Hollander