Dear Alison,

I think the experts have already told you what you need to know.

Of course, re-aligning the drive to run North-South would help a little.
This should be easier for Mr Phillips than re-aligning the Earth's axis.
Placing the whole estate on a turntable would be an alternative allowing
the present alignment of drive relative to house to be undisturbed. A
rough and ready allowance for Summer Time could then be made twice a
year which could become another tourist attraction if you can cope with
having Summer and Winter entrances. You may not want to transport it to
the Southern Hemisphere, though - nor to the pole when you can indeed
use a semicircle (or better still, a full circle).

Others may like to comment on the following thoughts:

If, instead of standing on the central "month" scale, the user finds and
stands on or near the hour number which casts his shadow onto the
appropriate date, the numbers might be arranged to the South rather than
to the North of the centre. This requires more action on the part of the
user.

A circular or other shape rather than a narrow rectangular centre
bearing the date scale might "disguise" the alignment a little.

If the hours were not in a horizontal plane, perhaps they could be
arranged to lie on a semicircle in some other plane - though not, I
think, what Mr Phillips would like?

(I was once involved in rectifying, as far as possible given what was
immovably fixed, an analemmatic dial at first incorrectly laid out, so I
do wish you well in this endeavour. It still ended up having timekeeping
errors but it was possible to spread them around so that none were too
enormous.)

Andrew James