  From: Roger Bailey
  To: Bill Gottesman ; Willy Leenders
  Cc: Sundial List
  Sent: Friday, June 19, 2009 2:43 AM
  Subject: Re: Translations

  This dam dial reminded me of a similar sort of dial in a silo in Louisa VA.
See the NASS Registry #594 or go to this direct link to the dial.
  http://www.louisasundial.com

  The silo sundial was created in 1985, designed by Dr. Larry Kavanagh and
painted by family and friends. I believe it is an altitude dial with the gnomon
point being the rim at the point in line with the sun. The gnomon point
naturally moves with the azimuth of the sun. The lowest point on the shadow
tells the time against the time lines.

  Regards,

  Roger Bailey

<<cylinder-dam.jpg>>