Dear Tony,

You may have stumbled on a new sport...

> He is also said to have fired an air pistol
> at a *clay* sundial and urged the patient to
> do the same."

I am familiar with Clay Pigeon Shooting and I
can well imagine that when the novelty of doing
that wears off and you want something a little
more adventurous you can turn your hand to Clay
Sundial Shooting.

I can see you will end up being the secretary
of the BSS Clay Sundial Shooting Sub-Group :-)

I wonder whether there is a "season" for this?

I suspect that clay sundials breed in the summer
so now may be a good time of year for shooting
young ones?

This could be the start of something big?

All the best

Frank