Another thing:  If your clock is giving time that's an hour ahead ofTrue
Local Solar Time (French Hours), then, to get clock time, you still have to
add he equation-of-time. Looking that up is more work than just adding an
hour.  So no significant clock-time-ease is gained by making your dial an
hour ahead of LTST.

(Unless you're really going all-out, and making a clock that automatically
deals with Eq.T, and reads directly in Standard Time or DST--But, as I
said, why do it???.)

Michael Ossipoff