dear all, thank you for your support.

The terms change from a language to another, I found that the comparison is interesting because a language may have a more effective expression than others but sometimes a translation can lose something.

I think that the term 'offset' is synthetic and effective, joined with 'time' or 'longitude' it gives an immediate understanding. The italian translation loses something, there is not a term really alternate to 'offset', I could use 'scarto' (it is similar to 'difference') but it sounds different than 'offset' (it has a very similar meaning but it also means 'waste').

It seems to me that 'longitude correction' is used and proper in any languages but I'm agree with Frank King that it could also suggest that something was wrong, anyway if 'offest' is not available I prefer 'correction' than 'costant'.

'Costant' seems inappropriate to me. I can consider different sundials on the same meridian but beloging to different countries, or different regions of the same country, with different time-zones. The costant would be variable. Moreover it doesn't define what it refers to.

I don't wish to sustain the use of 'dischrony' (or dyschrony) but only to suggest that the term exists, it has a correct philology (like anachronism, synchrony, isochrony, ..) and it is already used in another field to meaning a time difference. You haven't to like it but if you wish it might be used.

Years ago Nicola Severino found 'eliodromo' in a book of Athanasius Kircher, it may be translated as 'heliodrome' and it define the area of a dial where the gnomon's indications can be collected (where the Sun run). Usually it is contained among the solstice curves, the horizon line and the limits of the dial. I found this term very synthetic and effective, sometimes I use it but only in technical speches with other gnomonists.

ciao Fabio