Robert Kaiser wrote:
Rufus schrieb:
The biggest one is opening Mail/News in a tab vice a second window of
it's own - that's "integrated" and really slick, especially on a laptop,
and in particular with Spaces in Mac OS X. Saves desk real estate in a
way I wouldn't have considered until I'd actually used it. Just combine
that one feature with the ability to tab Mail as it stands now under SM
2.x.x and you've got a winner, IMO.

Actually - believe it or not - that's in our plans for the future. But it will need a good bit of more work and is probably still quite a way down the road.

That's encouraging...seriously, one has to use it to see what a boon it will be, but wow! What a great feature. I'm still undecided on how much I like or don't like navigating the Sidebar using tabs, though...I guess I'm a grippie-cripple...

One of the other interesting thing about Opera is that it's about:config
page has an ability built in to reset it to default - I'm not one for
fooling around in about:config, but that certainly seems a prudent
feature for someone that is...

Sounds interesting!

Robert Kaiser

Yeah...was a bit of a surprise to me. And yet another thing that leads one to suspect "code sharing"...or at least idea sharing - I had no reason to even think there would be an "about:config" in Opera, yet there it was/is...

My biggest kick against Opera is that it's pref selections are sort of shotgunned all over the place and easy to get lot in - too many menus...I think the attempt was/is to make them coincident with whatever is being displayed, but it ends up being a mess to sort though - one can, but it's not all that intuitive. And I'm still trying to figure out how to get it to connect it's Mail client using standard SSL vice TLS...but I do seem to be liking more and more of a lot of the things it does.

--
     - Rufus