On 8/23/10 4:17 AM, Cruz, Jaime wrote:
> Glen wrote:
>> Cruz, Jaime wrote:
>>> How does one get the latest Flash Player for Seamonkey? They've changed
>>> their *&#$ing site so that it wants to install an "Add On" to Seamonkey,
>>> which won't install because it's not FireFox.
>>>
>>> I changed the setting to bypass Compatibility checking so it installs...
>>> but it won't RUN because it says you're not running Firefox!!
>>>
>>> They USED to have a web link where you could get the Windows Installer
>>> file directly, but that link has disappeared. How the *&^# are we
>>> supposed to get the latest fixes if those JACKASSES take away the
>>> SIMPLEST way of installing... you know... the way that actually WORKED???
>>>

>> This is where I obtained the latest version from...
>>
>> http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
>>
>> I'm running SM 2.0.7 if that helps any.
>>

> Maybe that stupid extension of their's works under 2.0.7, but it doesn't
> with 2.0.7, which is what I'm running.

Get your terminology straight.  Flash is a plugin not an extension.  It
doesn't even reside in the SeaMonkey directory or in your profile.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

I filter and ignore all newsgroup messages posted through
GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent because of the
amount of spam from that source.