On 8/24/10 5:13 PM, Cruz, Jaime wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:

>>> Maybe that stupid extension of their's works under 2.0.7, but it doesn't
>>> with 2.0.7, which is what I'm running.
>>
>> Get your terminology straight.  Flash is a plugin not an extension.  It
>> doesn't even reside in the SeaMonkey directory or in your profile.
>>

> The terminology IS correct. The Adobe site wants to install an extension
> called the Adobe DLM.  If it works the way the ActiveX component on
> Explorer works, once the extension is installed, then IT downloads the
> plugin.  I don't want or need the bloody extension, I just want the
> plugin. I don't need an extension to install the plugin for me. I just
> want to download the damned plugin and install it the same way it's
> worked for over a decade.
>
> I DO know what I'm talking about.

Well, I don't know where or why you are getting an extension.

Using SeaMonkey, I went to <http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/> and
downloaded install_flash_player.exe.  I then terminated SeaMonkey and
disabled my Internet connection.  When I double-clicked on
install_flash_player.exe, Flash 10.1 r82 was installed on my C-drive at
[c:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash].  After re-enabling my Internet
connection, a test at <http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/> was
successful.

There was no extension and no Adobe DLM.

My configuration is (in part):

Windows XP Home Edition Version 5.1 (service pack 3)

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.11)
Gecko/20100701 SeaMonkey/2.0.6

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

I filter and ignore all newsgroup messages posted through
GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent because of the
amount of spam from that source.