David E. Ross wrote:
On 8/23/10 4:17 AM, Cruz, Jaime wrote:
Glen wrote:
Cruz, Jaime wrote:
How does one get the latest Flash Player for Seamonkey? They've changed
their *&#$ing site so that it wants to install an "Add On" to Seamonkey,
which won't install because it's not FireFox.

I changed the setting to bypass Compatibility checking so it installs...
but it won't RUN because it says you're not running Firefox!!

They USED to have a web link where you could get the Windows Installer
file directly, but that link has disappeared. How the *&^# are we
supposed to get the latest fixes if those JACKASSES take away the
SIMPLEST way of installing... you know... the way that actually WORKED???

This is where I obtained the latest version from...

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

I'm running SM 2.0.7 if that helps any.

Maybe that stupid extension of their's works under 2.0.7, but it doesn't
with 2.0.7, which is what I'm running.

Get your terminology straight.  Flash is a plugin not an extension.  It
doesn't even reside in the SeaMonkey directory or in your profile.

The terminology IS correct. The Adobe site wants to install an extension called the Adobe DLM. If it works the way the ActiveX component on Explorer works, once the extension is installed, then IT downloads the plugin. I don't want or need the bloody extension, I just want the plugin. I don't need an extension to install the plugin for me. I just want to download the damned plugin and install it the same way it's worked for over a decade.

I DO know what I'm talking about.

--
Jaime A. Cruz
President