David E. Ross wrote:
On 8/23/10 5:16 AM, JD wrote:
Cruz, Jaime wrote:
JD wrote:
Cruz, Jaime wrote:
How does one get the latest Flash Player for Seamonkey? They've changed
their *&#$ing site so that it wants to install an "Add On" to Seamonkey,
which won't install because it's not FireFox.

I changed the setting to bypass Compatibility checking so it installs...
but it won't RUN because it says you're not running Firefox!!

They USED to have a web link where you could get the Windows Installer
file directly, but that link has disappeared. How the *&^# are we
supposed to get the latest fixes if those JACKASSES take away the
SIMPLEST way of installing... you know... the way that actually
WORKED???

Don't get me going about the morons at Adobe. I got the installer from
here:

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe

THANK YOU! How did you find that link?

You're welcome!

When the install failed from  http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
there was a place to click to troubleshoot the problem and then there
was a place to download the installer. It seems as though the problem is
Adobe now wants to use the Adobe Download Manager and SM2 doesn't like
the installer?

And why would SeaMonkey even care about the installer?  Flash can be
installed by itself without any participation by SeaMonkey.  SeaMonkey
will then find it.

Instead of making ignorant comments, why don't you go to the Adobe download site and see firsthand what we're talking about??

--
Jaime A. Cruz
President

AMA District 34