Ed Mullen wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:
Jay Garcia wrote:
On 23.09.2010 11:47, Ed Mullen wrote:

--- Original Message ---

Phillip Jones wrote:

If it doesn't do what I need then I will figure out how to add
User-name/Password. But how does the User, the one that adds the
private
content get into a password protected to change the content when
needed.

1. User goes to URL of main site
2. User enters Username and Password and clicks Login
3. User is taken to the private page(s)

Same way you'd login to any banking, credit card etc. company site.
Until you do you can only view the "public" content on the site. Once
you login you have access to YOUR private account info.

I have a few private areas on my sites that are password protected.
It's
incredibly easy to create protected folders/directories in my hosting
company's Control Panel.

What Phillip needs is a template-structured boiler-plate application
such as I pointed out in my reply of a few mins ago.

I'm not sure why, Jay, if all he wants to do is protect Web pages. His
hosting company ought to provide that capability via its Control Panel.
If not, he ought to change hosts.

I'll investigate that when They get ready to go online. sounds like a
better idea. I'm afraid they are trying to host it themselves to save
money.

My own Provider for my Website May (Lunar Pages they use cPanel). Never
needed it because I don't wish to hide any of mine.

http://1and1.com/

The Home package is less than $84 a year.  For that trivial sum it's not
worth the headache of running their own server.

I bookmarked the link. Lot of folks in the Electronics field are using GoDaddy.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net/       mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com