On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 03:11:40 +0200, Robert Kaiser <ka...@kairo.at> wrote:

>Paul B. Gallagher schrieb:
>> Keep in mind that the current squabbling doesn't serve the end users,
>> but resolving it will.
>
>Have you actually looked into SeaMonkey 2.1? It sends "Firefox/4.0.1" in
>its default settings and therefore solves the problem nicely in one of
>the ways that fit your descriptions.
>
>Robert Kaiser

Based upon the above, I updated to 2.1 and it was no better than 2.0.13 in
getting a local ad to show all pages - I still need to use IE or FF.

Note that updating to 2.1 did not copy my current bookmarks - changes I made
in the last two days were not included.   Lots of system rebooting in the
meantime so 2.1's action does not make sense.

BTW, FF 4's installation routine will not pick up bookmarks from SM - it's
IE or nothing!     I"d expect an Other choice but that's probably  a
marketing decision.

--
 JohnW-Mpls