Interviewed by CNN on 14/06/2011 10:09, Jay Garcia told the world:

Composer, since it's very beginning was never intended to be the
all-powerful editor for the most savvy, web-design commercial type users
but rather a simple built-in editor for those users with simple personal
web pages, etc. that only need to create, maintain and update on an
"every now and then" basis.

If you want a more powerful and easy to use editor then install
Kompozer, http://kompozer.net/ which is based on NVU. NVU is the base
foundation for the Netscape built-in editor and AFAIK is also the basis
for SM's editor, not sure on that tho.

Actually, nVu/Kompozer was intended to be to the Composer module what Firefox is to the Browser module and Thunderbird is to the Mail module: an improved, stand-alone version. And it is, somewhat -- but the Web moved on, and from current perspective it's not THAT much better than the Composer module to be worth the effort of porting the improvements back in.

I'm not sure about removing Composer -- but I think I would like some preference to hide it. Now and then I click on the wrong status bar icon and open it when what I wanted was another module...

--
MCBastos

-=-=-
... Sent from my Bic.
*Added by TagZilla 0.066.2 running on Seamonkey 2.1 *