PhillipJones wrote:
MCBastos wrote:
Interviewed by CNN on 13/06/2011 23:31, Rostyslaw Lewyckyj told the
world:

I don't bother memorizing most passwords (e-mail, websites and such) --
the unimportant ones I trust to Seamonkey, the middling-important
ones I
save in KeePass. But the ones I do make a point of committing to memory
and not writing them down *anywhere* are:

- Banking passwords;
- The KeePass password (of course)
- The PGP passphrases

That's nice, congratulations!
Out of curiosity,
How old are you now?

I'm in my forties, why?

That figures. Your not old enough to have problems remembering things.
As you get older you capacity to remember things gets less and less. Not
because of Dementia. But because your brain is constantly bombarded with
pieces of information to learn and remember. The older you get some
information is lost to make room for new. Also memory can be affecetd by
medicines and chemicals you take, legit or not throughout your existence.

Wait another twenty years you'll find out what us older folk are talking
about.

It's an individual thing, I'm still doing well on remembering passwords for 30+ systems I admin, but matching names and faces gets harder.

For Linux users, a quick look at encfs might be instructive, a crypto filesystem you mount and use, and a minute (or whatever you set) after you finish using it, it unmounts itself. Good place to store many things.

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>
  We are not out of the woods yet, but we know the direction and have