David E. Ross wrote:
On 9/6/12 5:44 AM, DoctorBill wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 9/5/12 7:37 AM, DoctorBill wrote:
"Your browser or your browser's settings are not supported. To get the
best experience possible, please download a compatible browser. If you
know your browser is up to date, you should check to ensure that
javascript is enabled."

Javascript IS enabled.....Why this message ?  Is SeaMonkey being boycotted ?

I fear uploading the "LATEST VERSION OF JAVASCRIPT" since the last time
I clicked on THAT link, my system got all messed up.

Will downloading the latest version of Javascript stop those messages ?

DoctorBill

Please give us some of the URIs where this is happening.

My Yahoo Mail problem ended when I allowed it to download it's upgrade.

HOWEVER - I just now got this one on e-bay:
Click link to image hosting site for Screen Shot
http://postimage.org/image/7qkfo68tb/

I clicked on my e-bay and it took me back to the login, which when
redone took me to e-bay.

Confusing as Hell !

DoctorBill

This is quite different from your original problem.  Originally, you
were being told that your browser was the wrong one.  Here, there is no
complaint about which browser you are using.  Instead, you are not
accepting cookies.

Try changing your cookie preferences:

1.  On the SeaMonkey menu bar, select [Edit>  Preference].

2.  On the left side of the Preferences window under Category, select
[Privacy&  Security>  Cookies].

3.  Under "Cookie Acceptance Policy", select the radio button for "Allow
cookies for the originating website only".

4.  Select the OK button.

If this does not help, do this again with the radio button for "Allow
all cookies" in step #3.

In the future, when you are requested to provide a URI, try to give an
actual URI that does not require your user ID and password.  An image is
okay to show what happens, but it does not provide a URI that can be
selected with a mouse-click.

My SM is allowing ALL Cookies !
I still get that screen !
If I re-do the Username and Password, it gets thru to e-bay...ODD.

'NoScript' (on my machine - is set to allow all of e-bay, also !).

E-Bay does not "Like" SeaMonkey....SM is being Boycotted !

DoctorBill

--
We now live in an Idiocracy, run by morons who are governed by fools.