LMH wrote:
Philip TAYLOR wrote:

DoctorBill wrote:

E-Bay does not "Like" SeaMonkey....SM is being Boycotted !

I use E-bay virtually every day, and I use no browser other than
Seamonkey.

Philip Taylor

I generally set my cookies to "ask me every time" as far as when they
expire.
edit > preferences > privacy & security > cookies > "ask for every cookie"

This means that every time a site tries to set a cookie, I get a prompt
asking if I want to "allow, allow for session, or block". There is also
a check box that lets you use the same response for all cookies from the
site. For first party cookies (from the site you are on), I usually
check "allow for session". This allows the cookies, but deletes them as
soon as you leave the page. I generally block all cookies that are not
from the site I am on. This may seem like a pain, but SM remembers you
selections and you get things working the way you want pretty quickly. I
let a few sites, like Yahoo where I have some web sites, set permanent
cookies, but I have generally found that session cookies work just fine.

I also use no-script and I find that it helps allot to set it to
temporarily allow scripts from the top level site. There are some sites
where I need to allow a bit more, but top level temp seems to work well
for me.

Most of your security software seems to be targeted at adware, and a
trojan is a not the same thing. I use Comodo IS Pro (along with super
antispyware pro) and find my system very secure. CIS automatically runs
any program it doesn't recognize in a sandbox, and I also have it set so
programs are by default not allowed to connect to the internet so I get
a prompt if anything tries to. Having your operating system and programs
installed in their own partition (not with your data) and up to date
system images are essential. If I think I got something nasty I just
restore my OS to the last image and I am back to a clean system in 5
minutes. Having the OS and data on different partitions means I don't
loose any data if I have to restore. Since running a full battery of
malware scans can take me a full day, I much prefer this approach.

LMH

Ok....Wow !

I think I understand 33% of that.

Let me study what you've said.